IMPORTANT - TEMPORARY UPDATE TO CANCELLATION PROCESS:
Processing of refunds will take longer than normal.
In 10 years of operating we have never retained a deposit that wasn't for a successful booking (despite the terms of the site stating that deposits are non-refundable) and we don't intend to start now.
We are doing everything in our power to ensure deposits are returned (or passed onto the Host where requested) but due to the unprecedented Worldwide events affecting everyone, we are facing the prospect of a precipitous drop in new bookings at the same time as an unimaginable number of cancellations.
We are a small business and run as lean as possible with tight cashflow. We budget for 10-15% of refunds each month and the Coronavirus Pandemic has resulted in dramatic rise in refund requests which is only forecast to increase.
Without this 'delay measure' in place, our business will fail and no one would get their deposits back.
Therefore, our approach is to stagger the payout of deposits over the next few months, we are unable to provide specific details of exactly when each refund will be processed, but please be assured that we will do everything possible to minimise any delay.
By working together, in good faith, we will all be able to get through this painful time and quickly return to normal service once it has all passed.
We thank you for your understanding and patience. Stay well.
Phil Barley and the TheatreDigsBooker Team
PLEASE NOTE: due to our "delay measure" mentioned at the top of this article. Some of the options below may not be available to you at this time.
We hope this never has to happen but, on occasion, Guests do find it necessary to cancel a booking.
1. If the booking is still waiting to be accepted or rejected by the Host and the Guest simply changes their mind then the site will automatically label the booking as 'Guest Cancelled' and you will receive an email explaining what has happened.
2. If the Host has accepted the booking and the Guest subsequently cancels, the Guest is asked to include a reason for the cancellation, and this will be copied in the email that we send you.
3. When a Guest cancels a booking - you have two options!
- Return the deposit to the Guest.
- Keep the deposit for yourself.
4. If you choose 'Return Deposit To The Guest' - Just click on the 'Confirm Return Deposit To Guest' and the deposit will automatically be refunded to your Guest and no further action is needed. You will both receive confirmation of all of this.
5. If you decide to keep the deposit and 'Pass deposit onto me' then you need to click the button, check and confirm the details on the return page, and then click 'I'm Sure, Return Deposit To Me'.
What if the check in date has already arrived?
If the check-in date for this booking has arrived, you will be asked to confirm your decision and then tell us how you would like to receive your money.
You can either choose to have your payment made through PayPal, or via a bank transfer to a UK bank account only.
If you choose bank transfer then you are required to enter your Sort Code, Account Number and the name on the account.
(Please note: Payments will not be made to international bank accounts. If you do not have a UK account we recommend registering for a PayPal account).
If you prefer PayPal, then simply leave your associated PayPal address.
When you confirm your request to keep the deposit, this will appear. You can click on the bookings button to return to your bookings page.
We like to make life as simple and fair for both our Hosts and Guests as much as possible. Therefore if you receive a replacement booking that covers the same dates as the cancelled booking and is either equal to or more than the amount of the cancelled booking we will refund the deposit to the Guest even if you have requested it to be passed to you.
Deposits are retained to ensure that our Hosts have some compensation should a booking be cancelled and they are unable to find a replacement booking. If however, a replacement booking is received, we feel it is unfair to penalise our Guests as there has been no loss to the Host as a result of their cancellation. Likewise, we also don't penalise our Hosts should they need to cancel a booking for one of their Guests.
We retain no part of the commission for failed bookings
If any part of the deposit is not returned, it is simply processing fees for the payment which is normally around 1.9%.
The site automatically removes the booking from your calendar and sets the booking as 'Cancelled'.
If you have any further questions, please contact us, and we’ll be happy to help.
Thanks for your time and Happy Hosting