IMPORTANT - TEMPORARY UPDATE TO CANCELLATION PROCESS:
For the latest information, please read the help:
However many precautions one takes, there may still be the need to cancel a booking.
If you find yourself in this situation, don't worry! You can follow this guide to cancel any bookings which you are unable to accommodate.
1. First you need to log in as a Host. You can do this by clicking here - or by heading over to the homepage and clicking 'I'm a Host'. Once there, click on the 'Bookings' tab in the top right of your screen.
2. Next, find the booking you need to cancel and click on 'Cancel Booking'.
3. You will then be presented with a screen asking for your reasoning and confirmation! Click on 'Confirm Cancellation' to terminate the booking.
4. We will confirm that the booking has been cancelled and also send you and your Guest a cancellation confirmation email.
5. The site will automatically refund the Guest via their original payment method, and your booking history will show this as Cancelled.
We retain no part of the commission for failed bookings. If any part of the deposit is not returned, it is simply payment processing fees which is normally around 1.9%.
Cancelled bookings will affect a Host's acceptance rating, so please only cancel bookings if absolutely necessary. To read more about acceptance ratings please, 'Click Here'.
See also: What if a Guest cancels a booking?