• Please check with your home insurance provider to ensure you are covered to receive paying Guests.
  • It could be that your current insurance won't cover you for 'Theatre Guests' so it is advisable to check this before accepting your first booking.
  • There is a service on the market that we know of which offers an insurance policy tailored to TheatreDigsBooker Hosts, just click on the link and it will take you to their website where you can request a quotation:


  • The reputation of a theatre company and the members therein is very important to maintain. Please report any issues to us, should there be any problem.
  • If you have concerns about the general public staying in your home, the first thing to do would be to set your privacy level to 'theatre professionals only'. This ensures that only registered theatre professionals can view your contact details, book or contact you.

Mortgage or Property Owner permission

  • Hosts who own their property with a mortgage should check with their mortgage provider to ensure letting a room doesn't invalidate their mortgage agreement.
  • Some mortgage lenders may restrict the number of weeks a Host can let a room annually.
  • Some buy-to-let mortgages insist rental properties are let on an assured shorthold tenancy, which must be for a minimum six months.
  • In any case, it is very important to check with your mortgage provider before accepting paying Guests. 
  • Hosts who rent their property must have permission from their property owner/landlord(s) to be able to operate short-term lets prior to offering or accepting any bookings.


Here are some useful links to the Government's advice on renting:

What about Cover Builder?

Sadly, Cover Builder has had to recently close and stop all new business. However, all policies taken out are still underwritten by UKG. If you took out a policy with Cover Builder then you should receive some notification about this. Your policies will still be valid but an insurance renewal will sadly not be offered.

Return to site